Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Quick Pics

Just a few quick pictures since last time.


The past week I have been sick. As a result I have periodically had the following view...



Hard life... While the hammock was nice, being healthy is by far the more enjoyable option.



I got better just in time. Lyli (a teacher from Mexico who lives with Ruan & Tara) decided to whip up some biscuits and topping. The topping was tomato based with TVP. I don't normally eat biscuits and gravy but this was good! What you see in the fry pan at the bottom of the picture is a sauce she made to put on chips. Saute'ed onion, tomato, green pepper, cheyenne, a little tomato paste (I think).


This here is actually pan (bread). They are rolled into balls and rise a little then flattened and put into the oven.

Cody going back to our hut.


Helen talking to one of the boys at the dorm.



Ruan's dad preparing to show some of the boys how to do a different style of stucco.


A bird I saw Monday night.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hope your sickness didn't last too long. :( Looks like things are coming along nicely...good job!!