Sunday, September 14, 2008

Before I call it a night.


Ha...the war room. Well, here it is, where it all happens.


Thursday I heard a rather audible 'crack!'


This is what I saw looking out from my balcony. A tree had split. As you can see, there is a small little swamp behind my apartment.

What was more interesting and what I never would have known since I am in my study 90% of my time home, was that there were two critters back there and they caught my eye as I was taking the previous picture.


I don't know where in my boxes of books I might find my bird book, but I believe these are Sandhill Cranes.




I'm thankful that tree broke, otherwise I wouldn't have known what was in my backyard!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Holy Crane!! Pretty nifty dude! I'm not a genius on bird names so I'm not sure if that's the correct term or not but how wonderful to have them in ur backyard! :)

Melissa said...

that's awesome paeter ;) yes they are sandhills...some of the coolest bird around!

Paeter said...

Thanks for the confirmation Melissa. Hopefully I'll be able to unpack my books Friday so then I should be able to find my bird book!